This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

divorce lawyer Jordan RapoffQuestion:

My ex-wife is legally blind and lives in a rural area.

She is going to file a motion to modify my current child support order to help cover the costs of a driver that she must use to get around in a vehicle.

Is this a legitimate request?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Missouri child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

In order to modify child support, she must prove that there has been a substantial and continuing change in circumstances such that the current support amount is no longer reasonable.  

Child support is for the expenses of raising a child so if your ex-wife is unable to take your child to and from an appointment due to her disability then you run the risk that the court will order you to pay reasonable expenses for the child to be transported to and from doctor's appointments, school functions, etc.

However, this does not mean that your ex-wife is entitled to claim all driving expenses such as taking herself to the bank, hairdresser, etc.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Missouri Divorce Lawyer Jordan A. Rapoff, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website