This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF


My wife and I are in the process of getting a divorce; she has moved out of the marital home 3 months ago, admits she has everything out of the house but comes as goes as she pleases in the house even when I am gone. Her lawyer tells her that if I change the locks, to break a window or whatever she has to in order to get in because she still owns part of the house. Can she legally do this?


I am not licensed in Illinois. However, I recommend that you get a court order giving you temporary exclusive possession of the home. This will prevent her from legally returning to the home.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website