This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

Divorce attorney Jason BowmanQuestion:

My wife is making false statements about me on forms that are submitted to the court. What can I submit to the judge to prove that the information she is providing is incorrect?



I would always recommend talking to an attorney in your jurisdiction prior to doing anything with the Court, so that you are aware of all the rules of procedure and your rights as a party to a divorce litigation.

It is hard for me to ascertain exactly what you are asking in your question because I am unaware of what "forms" your wife would be filing with the Court. Generally speaking, in almost all states you should be allowed to file a responsive pleading to the Court indicating the errors in your wife’s filing.

However, you should talk to an attorney to find out what your specific rules of civil procedure require and if there are any local rules that address this issue.


Jason Bowman is an attorney in the Louisville, Kentucky, office of Cordell & Cordell. He is licensed in the states of Kentucky and Texas. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business from the University of Louisville, and received his Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University.


Comments (1)Add Comment
legal assistant and helpful girlfriend
written by Becky, September 28, 2010
My boyfriend is dealing with this right now. HIs ex-wife has lied about everything in court from day one. He recently took her back to court for custody, only this time I helped him prepare to prove her lies. I usually butt out of anything having to do with his kids/divorce, but I was tired of the court system ruling in her favor.
I served subpoenas for him. If you go to the circuit clerk and get a subpoena, it only costs 50 cents here in WV, you can have anyone over the age of 18 without a criminal record serve them. His ex has continuously lied about money, the utility bills being paid, etc. She embezzled money from the kids little league and lied about it, but we had the proof that she was arrested and has a hearing for that soon. I subpoenaed the utility companies and proved that the water and electric has been cut off on almost a monthly basis. I was basically trying to prove that she is not taking care of the children. She's also addicted to pain medication so we had her drug tested because she denied doing drugs (of course). The first drug test came back diluted, so she had to take another one. We're still waiting on the results, but now the court doesn't have record that she even took the test. I think she went in to pick up the paperwork and didn't take the test. More lies...
Good luck.

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website