This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

Question:mens divorce lawyer

In Wisconsin, you have to wait six months after your divorce has been finalized before you can remarry.

But can I legally get married within the six-month waiting period if we move out of Wisconsin and become a resident of another state and get married in that state?


On the date of your divorce judgment in Wisconsin, you will be told by the judge or you will execute a document indicating that you have been provided knowledge that you may not remarry anywhere in the world within six months of that date and any marriage contracted by you in that period will be null and void.

Even if you move out of Wisconsin and become a resident in another state, your marriage will be considered void if you remarry within six months. 

If you later return to Wisconsin and for some reason request that Wisconsin recognize your marriage, you will be unsuccessful.

Cordell & Cordell has men's divorce lawyers located nationwide.


Trisha B. Festerling is an Associate Attorney in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin office of Cordell & Cordell where she practices family law exclusively. Ms. Festerling’s practice is focused on men’s divorce, child support, child custody, paternity and modification. She is licensed in the state of Wisconsin. Ms. Festerling received her Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice with a focus on Political Science, Magna cum Laude, from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee. She received her Juris Doctor from Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website