This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> vehicles
May 23, 2013

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

My ex has not made any of the payments on a car that is registered to me.

Can I repossess the car or deduct the payment that I am now going to have to make from the child support?

Mar 31, 2013

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is requesting I pay for half of the damages that resulted from my child's car accident.

Even though I pay her child support, she stated the cost of the vehicle repair is above normal living expenses that are included in child support.

From my perspective, transportation of a child is a normal living cost.

Who is right? Do I have to pay for one-half of the damage on top of my child support payments?

Mar 28, 2013

refinance car divorceBy Jennifer M. Paine

Cordell & Cordell Divorce Lawyer

So your wife is keeping the family car that is leased or loaned in your name, huh?

Most guys in your position would worry that she will “forget” to make the car payment, or will not pay off the loan in time, or will wait to the last minute to do either and let your credit score take a hit in the meantime (out of spite or sheer enjoyment or otherwise).

What’s worse, if she is unable to assume liability for the lease or refinance the purchase loan, then even if your divorce judgment says she is responsible for the payments, the car creditor will come after you.

This is because the creditor is not bound to your divorce judgment and, frankly, does not care what your now ex-wife agreed to do with the payments. Instead, the creditor will take the payment from you, or even sue you for it, then force you to pursue your ex-wife for reimbursement.

What can you do to avoid this result if she cannot refinance? Consider these three options:

Mar 02, 2013

divorce lawyer Alex DurstQuestion:

My divorce decree states I am to pay for half of necessary expenses for my child, including car insurance, but mentions nothing of having to purchase the vehicle.

In this instance, am I obligated for paying for half of my child’s car in addition to providing insurance coverage?

Feb 07, 2013

divorce lawyer Caroline ThompsonQuestion:

If my unemployed wife is awarded one of the cars in our divorce and I pay for that car, will that payment amount be deducted from any possible alimony or child support orders?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website