This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> taxes
Apr 25, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-husband and I filed a joint tax return in 2010 while still married and we owed a lot of money. We divorced in 2011.

How would we handle the 2010 tax expense debt if it was not addressed in the divorce decree? My ex-husband says I owe him half the debt but I cannot afford it.

Apr 17, 2012

tax tips divorced dadsBy Tara N. Brewer

Special to

As you scramble to file taxes before the deadline, many divorced dads or separated parents face two questions. Who can claim the dependent/s and what tax breaks can I qualify for?

For tax purposes, children are dependents. The parent raising the dependent the majority of the time is considered the custodial parent. The other parent is considered the noncustodial parent.

If the child lived with each parent for an equal amount of time, then the custodial parent would be deemed the parent with the higher adjusted gross income.

Apr 16, 2012

divorce lawyer Daniel LambertQuestion:

I pay a monthly property settlement to my ex-wife on the equity in our former marital home. This payment is mandated in our marriage separation agreement.

Are these property payments tax deductible?

Apr 08, 2012

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Both my federal tax return and my state tax return were intercepted because I owe child support.

However, I believe the returns took too much of my money as the amount intercepted was more than I owed in arrears.

How can I dispute the amount of child support money taken out of my state and federal tax returns?

Apr 05, 2012

St. Louis divorce lawyerQuestion:

I am divorced and as part of our decree, I am allowed to claim our children on my taxes.

However, I have to pay my ex-wife the difference between what she gets back and what she would get back if she claimed the kids.

Am I entitled to see a copy of her submitted tax return to verify what I owe her? If not, I am taking her word for it.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website