Question: My wife has just told me that she wants to rent a town house for her and our 4 children to live in. She says that she has been on a waiting list for 2 years. She has told me that she will not be filing for a legal separation, nor will she be contacting the friend of the courts to pursue child support. Further more she also says she wants me to live in our house so the kids can also come "home." She says that she doesn't want the kids' lives to change.
To make a long story short, she wants to work out all means of child support between the two of us without any legal intervention to make this an amicable divorce. This sounds all well and good if we can keep the peace, but if she goes through with her new living arrangements, then decides to take legal action, how will that affect me? How would you recommend I jump on this favorable situation before it goes bad? Also, how can I gently get all of this in writing without triggering some defensive re-consideration on her part?