This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> social
Jul 10, 2014

skills guys know

By Katie Davis

Figuring out when, and often how, to date after divorce can be difficult. Sometimes newly divorced men are still trying to recover from the previous relationship, and single dads especially can be nervous about bringing another person into the picture.

Jun 04, 2014

Question:caroline thompson attorney pennsylvania

My husband's ex-wife tells his daughter's coaches and staff leaders to not give him information regarding her sports or extracurricular activities. 

There is no court order against my husband that says he can't give given this information.

Sometimes, his ex even changes his daughter's last name so that we cannot attend her games or see her perform.

Is this violating his rights as a father? Can his ex do this even though there is no court order against him?

Mar 24, 2011

By Contel Bradford

Unfortunately, social media dating in general is one of those things that has more negatives than positives. (Read last week's article "The Pros of Social Media Dating.")

Here are some reasons why going social with your dating strategy might not be a good idea:

Jun 06, 2007


I have been approved for SSDI medically but just got declined because SS says I don't have enough quarters reported in the last ten years. I have been involved in running, managing or contributing to the practice for over 12 years...2 year of which I worked full time in the business office as manager until I became disabled. All those years we reported all the income under her (thinking it was like taking money from one pocket and putting it into the other pocket and that the government was still receiving the same total amount in taxes, soc security, etc). Now I find out that I don't have enough quarters reported under my name to get disability benefits even though we both worked the practice. Also, my retirement benefit from soc security is about a third of what hers is. Is there any thing I can do to get proper credit with social security? Any other legal options in our divorce settlement?


Allow me to preface my answer to your question with the disclaimer that I am not licensed to practice law in the state of Florida. How long have you been married? Generally once you have been married for 10 years you have the right to elect to receive your spousal benefit in lieu of your own retirement, upon divorce. Please verify that information with Social Security. Otherwise, I do not think you have any other options as you are bound by the tax returns that you and your wife signed under oath. As I said above, I suggest you speak to social security regarding your ability to receive an benefits accummulated on your wife's behalf. This does not take away from her ability to collect her benefit.

Nov 29, 1999


I was widowed 7 years ago: 3 Children 7,14,20 (Now) Married 5 1/2 years ago for less than 4 years. Have no children with second wife. Provisional 600 - Maintenance 600 - Rent Prescriptions - 250 average a month All Credit Card Minimum balance (20000 all in her name charged after seperation) Divorce dragging along with contempts, continuations etc. I am on my 3 and 4th final hearings. What rules of the court do I have regarding having 2 children (widowed) and she has none. Judge does not seem to care about me raising children since I make 79000 and she doesn't work. She applied for Social Security benefits and is supposed to have an appeal date soon. Won't disclose information. She is seeking 1100 a month in maintenance, COBRA and me paying her credit cards she charged when she left. I re-financed house before she left and we paid her credit card debt, she took 14000 cash. Seems I am being taken to the cleaners and I am about to lose my house that was mine for 5 years before her and I put her name on after a year of marriage. No equity in home. (120000 owed, 89900 fair market) There doesn't seem to be any laws to protect the widowed chidren and I from losing everything.


Allow me to preface my answer to your question with the disclaimer that I am not licensed to practice law in the state of Indiana. You should be able to have all of your expenses for you and your children considered. As far as her credit card debt, you have a good argument to not have to pay. As long as you have an attorney to protect your rights, I think you are in good shape to defend yourself, if you can hold on.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website