This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> social security
May 01, 2014

Question:daniel exner attorney wisconsin

I am a combat-disabled veteran. I currently receive income from VA disability as well as Social Security disability.

I'm wondering if my ex is entitled to child and spousal support from either my veteran's disability or from the Social Security Income?

Oct 24, 2012

child support social securityQuestion:

If the needs of the child are determined to be $850 per month and the child is drawing $900 per month in Social Security, is the Social Security typically applied to the needs of the child such that no additional support is needed?

Aug 25, 2012

modify child support arrearsQuestion:

I currently have child support payments garnished from my Social Security checks.

I need to have these arrears modified due to cost of living expenses and how burdensome it has become with such a large amount taken from my income.

May 10, 2012

social security division divorceBy Jennifer M. Paine

Michigan Divorce Lawyer

Does your wife get half of your Social Security when you retire?

After all, she gets half of everything else you earned during your marriage, right? As I've explained in my articles on "The Truth To Common Divorce Rumors," everything really does not mean everything (not gifts, inheritances, passive appreciation, etc.), and this is particularly true for Social Security.

As a matter of federal law, your wife may receive Social Security based on your earnings, but not half of yours.

Mar 01, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife has been eligible to draw off my Social Security but refuses to do so while collecting alimony.

Meanwhile I am going broke with my alimony payments and she is doing nothing to mitigate my payments by filing for my Social Security benefits.

Do I have any recourse to force her to start drawing off my benefits or otherwise find a way to lower my alimony payments?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website