This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> sex offender
Apr 23, 2012

St. Louis divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is dating a registered sex offender who has recently moved in and is now living with my kids.

We currently have joint custody, but I obviously do not want him anywhere around my children.

Is this grounds for a child custody modification?

Nov 14, 2011

divorce lawyer Daniel LambertQuestion:

My wife is having an affair with a man who is a convicted sex offender.

He served time in prison and now that he is out, my wife wants to kick me out of the marital home and have him around our children.

What should I do to protect myself and my children from my wife's boyfriend?

May 18, 2011

divorce questions to askQuestion:

My question is about child custody laws. I was 17 when I got my daughter's mother pregnant when she was 14.

I would like to obtain custody or at least have visitation rights established with our child.

However, I was told I could go to jail if I brought this issue to the court because of our ages when we had sex. Is that true?

Jul 31, 2009


I have been divorced for thirteen years. We have a seventeen year old daughter and a fourteen year old son. Both of our children have had a considerable drop in their school grades through the past four years. In fact, my daughter has recently been caught by police with alchohol, cigarettes, and pot!

Mom does not want to deal with it. I want to have a gaurdian ad litem involved . How can I do this?

I am also concerned of the new stepfather's police history. Mom implies that he has a history of sexual misconduct, but that he is better now. Any advice as to how I can get this information and what I should do to deal with this problem once I have it?

Nov 29, 1999


Facts: -I am the NCP -EX is a Service Member -Jurisdiction was VA -EX has orders to California -I motioned the VA Court for a change in custody based on two factors: 1. Ex's new wife was just convicted of a sex crime (sex with a minor 15yrs of age) and is on probation for 8 yrs. 2. Move to California is not in best interest of child. Judge ruled that he would not hear the arguments and that California would hear them. Ex has until 22 August to register the case. Questions: 1. Do I appeal here in VA? and how long does an appeal take? 2. Or do I go to California and fight there? Judge said there is enough for a change in circumstances, but wants CA to hear it. My view is that all witnesses and evidence are here in VA and that California should not have jusidiction. 3. Should I keep residence here in VA? I thought as long as one person with standing stays in the original jurisdiction than it can't be changed? is that correct? Please help! Desperate. Thanks


I am not licensed to practice law in any of the States that you mention in your facts. However, generally I believe that you were correct in taking the case to the Virginia courts. Unless the other parent has resided in California for six months prior to you initiating the action it would appear that VA is the proper jurisdiction for a custody dispute. Depending on the nature of the order consider filing a writ or appeal of the VA's decision. If the matter cannot be reviewed by a higher court in VA, present the matter of jurisdiction at the first opportunity to the court in California.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website