This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> quit claim
Oct 04, 2013

Pittsburgh divorce lawyer Anna CiardiQuestion:

If I quitclaim my interest in our marital home to my wife for asset protection reasons, will I have forfeited my rights to that property in a divorce?

Aug 25, 2011

Question:Kevin Mammola Atlanta Divorce Attorney

I was awarded the marital home and the associated mortgage payment obligation per our divorce decree.

I have since paid off the house and would like to get her name off the title. How do I do this?


Nov 29, 2010

Question:Cordell & Cordell attorney Andrea Miller

As part of our divorce, my wife was given exclusive possession of the marital home. She wants me to sign a quit claim deed so that the house is solely in her name.

However, when we tried to refinance with the bank in just my wife's name they wouldn't do it because her credit is so poor.

So am I in violation of the decree if I don't sign the quit claim deed since my name is still on the note at the bank?

Sep 13, 2010


My wife had signed the quit claim deed form on the bank mortgage application forms. So the home is now paid off and the title is solely in my name.

Does Michigan law give her any rights to this property even though she has already signed the quit claim deed? Can I sell this property before we divorce or is it marital property?

Jun 18, 2010

Divorce Attorney Angela FoyQuestion:

My mother is in the process of getting a divorce. The man that she is divorcing still owes a lot of money due to his late wife's medical bills. He and my mother have a mortgage on a house. He was afraid that they could take the house away because of the money owed, so he signed a quit claim deed over to my mother and myself. Who does the house legally belong to, and what rights does he have regarding the house?



Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website