Among the Ask a Divorce Lawyer questions answered today by Cordell & Cordell attorneys:
- Can child support be taken out of my student loans?
- How can I ensure my soon-to-be-ex is responsible for paying back a portion of the money we borrowed from my mother?
- Can a judge order the transfer of a child's tangible items like guitars or ice skates?
- I can't afford an attorney at the moment and I don't want to use legal aid. Can I postpone the court date a few months until I can afford an attorney? If so, how do I get it postponed?
- The judge said that neither one of us were allowed to send harassing emails to each other while our temporary orders are in place. But she has been harassing me trying to get information for a background check, though the judge didn't order it. Do I have to provide her with anything?