This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> petition
Aug 23, 2013

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

Can the Petitioner change the requests made in the Petition for Divorce if the Respondent defaulted?

I requested joint custody as the Petitioner, but the opposing party has defaulted so I was wondering if I could change my request to sole custody.

Jun 20, 2013

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

I petitioned my ex-spouse for a child custody modification, and the 20-day waiting period has expired without an Answer from her to my Petition.

Is my ex-spouse in default? If so, would the judge be more likely to grant the child custody modification if my ex has not responded to the Petition in time?

Mar 14, 2013

divorce lawyer Caroline ThompsonQuestion:

I was recently served with papers from my wife's divorce lawyer requesting I pay for the marital home mortgage plus other support expenses.

I have no idea what to do with the papers in terms of a response and what should be my next move.

Mar 08, 2013

divorce lawyer Kirsten ReneauQuestion:

Can a judge order child support when neither party petitioned the court for child support, and the only petition filed was concerning visitation?

Apr 20, 2012

child custody modificationBy Sara Pitcher

Cordell & Cordell Divorce Lawyer

Before filing for a child custody modification, it is important to document in a journal all interactions with your child and any interactions you have with your ex-wife that you feel are indicators the custody arrangement should be changed.

Once you have kept the calendar or journal for some time, this can be used to support your claims that child custody should be modified and your child should live with you. 

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website