This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> parental rights
Dec 04, 2011

mens divorce lawyerQuestion:

I need marriage separation advice on how to enforce child custody and visitation without court orders in place.

Over Thanksgiving, my wife and her family would not allow me to see my children. All I wanted to do was spend Thanksgiving with my sons, but I was told I was not welcome.

What are my legal rights in this situation to ensure I have parenting time with my children?

Nov 29, 2011

holiday parenting timeBy Allison L. Murphy

Dallas Divorce Lawyer

Did your ex-wife cut your parenting time short over the holidays? A common issue facing divorced dads is what to do when the other parent cuts into your parenting time during the holidays.

Though every divorce decree should have specific provisions regarding possession of the children during the major holidays, often those provisions get ignored.

One parent may have relatives come in town and want to keep the children longer, or may decide to plan a trip that overlaps with the other parent’s time. 

This behavior can present a frustrating and challenging dilemma for the parent whose parenting time has been affected.

Nov 18, 2011

advice on divorceQuestion:

I need divorce advice on child custody laws and being allowed visitation rights to see my children during the separation process.

My wife has kicked me out of the marital home while we decide if we want to divorce. During this time she often refuses to let me see or even speak to our daughter.

Are there available options for me to obtain custody or a visitation agreement during this marriage separation period so that I can see my children?

Nov 15, 2011

paternity lawBy Robin W. Klein

Mens Divorce Attorney, Cordell and Cordell

Paternity law is a complex area of law that frequently discriminates against fathers rights.

It's not uncommon for family law attorneys to have clients with children that have never been married to the mother nor been to court who simply have verbal agreements about who pays what and who gets to see the child when.

In these situations, the mothers have all the power since unwed fathers generally have few rights to their children.

So if you are an unwed dad, here is what you should expect in terms of child support, parenting time, health insurance costs, etc., if your child's mother finally takes you to court to have a judge formalize your relationship.

Nov 14, 2011

divorce judgmentBy Janet Yu Johnston

Mens Divorce Attorney, Cordell & Cordell

Many divorced dads are victims of their ex-wives violating parenting time provisions in child custody agreements. While many divorce articles on discuss enforcing parenting time, what about if you are the one who misses a scheduled visitation?

If it is deemed you are violating the parenting plan, what is a typical penalty? A fine? A loss of visitation rights?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website