This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> overpaid child support
Mar 31, 2013

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is requesting I pay for half of the damages that resulted from my child's car accident.

Even though I pay her child support, she stated the cost of the vehicle repair is above normal living expenses that are included in child support.

From my perspective, transportation of a child is a normal living cost.

Who is right? Do I have to pay for one-half of the damage on top of my child support payments?

Mar 30, 2013

divorce lawyer Katie PetersenQuestion:

I recently lost my job and am unemployed. Because of my drop in income I adjusted my child support payments a similar percentage in order to keep the ratio of income to child support the same.

Can I unilaterally modify my child support payments if I lose my job?

Mar 28, 2013

divorce lawyer Maura BoogayQuestion:

Can lottery winnings be considered income when calculating child support?

Mar 27, 2013

divorce lawyer Maura BoogayQuestion:

Are tax refund checks considered income when calculating child support?

Mar 26, 2013

divorce lawyer Jordan RapoffQuestion:

Per our divorce decree, I pay child support directly to my ex-wife. She recently moved out of state and I received a notification from her new state that I owe back child support and am in arrears.

I have not missed a payment to my ex-wife so obviously there is some sort of miscommunication or her new state is not recognizing my direct child support payments.

How can I prove to the state that I am complying with the divorce decree and paying child support directly to my ex-wife?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website