This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >>
Apr 22, 2014

maura boogay attorney pennsylvania


I have two child support garnishment cases that I am paying. One is in Texas, and the other is in California. The Texas case is for my seven-year-old and is an older case where I only pay past due child support. The combined orders exceed the maximum that can be garnished.

My understanding is that the Texas garnishment should be give priority. My employer will only comply with this, however, if I go back to California and get the support order there modified. That is, if a judge or commissioner would do this. 

Currently, my employer's solution is to take the legal maximum out of my wages and split evenly between the two. I don't want to create an arrearage in Texas. If I pay the Texas support out of pocket, I'm left with less than 30% of disposable income.

Can I get my employer to handle this properly? What are my options here?

Apr 18, 2014

kids need dads

By Katie Davis

Spring has arrived, and you may be one of the dads that gets to have his kids this holiday weekend. Some families will be celebrating Easter, and others will just be spending quality time together.

Aug 22, 2012

divorce jurisdictionQuestion:

My ex-wife is not exercising her visitation rights under our current child custody arrangement because she recently moved several states away.

I would like to move to another state with my child and my new wife.

Can I move with my wife and child to another state if my ex-wife has not made an effort to fulfill her part of the custody schedule?

Aug 21, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I have had temporary primary custody of my child as my ex-wife and I agreed to move him into my town in another state with a better school district.

My ex-wife intends to move to my town at which point we would return to our shared custody agreement. The problem is her move keeps being delayed so I stopped paying her child support since the child lives exclusively with me during this interim period.

Can my ex-wife ask the courts to force me to continue to pay child support even though she is the non-custodial parent at this point? If I file a request to modify child support and child custody to reflect our current situation, which state has jurisdiction?

Aug 13, 2012

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I am trying to arrange a child custody and parenting time schedule with my ex-girlfriend, who recently moved and now lives several hours from me.

What are standard parenting time guidelines when the parents live a great distance from each other?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website