This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> marital property
Aug 29, 2012

divorce lawyer laura langenburgQuestion:

Being retired military and receiving a military pension, is there any way that my wife could waive her claim on my retirement or any other property?

Or is the state going to divide my property, namely my military pension, regardless?

Aug 28, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I owned half of my house prior to marriage and the other half of the house was transferred to me as a gift after my marriage, so the house is fully paid off with no contributions from my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

No marital funds were used for anything involving the purchase of the house, though both my wife and I live there as our primary residence.

Is this house now considered a "marital home" subject to equitable distribution property division laws?

Aug 09, 2012

divorce lawyer Daniel ExnerQuestion:

I am paying off half of my ex-wife's car, per our divorce decree. Her new husband is now also driving this car.

It bothers me that I'm paying for a car that my ex-wife's husband is now driving.

Would it be worth it to go to court to see if I can have this car payment removed from my divorce agreement?

Jul 19, 2012

divorce lawyer laura langenburgQuestion:

Who is responsible for the payment on a second mortgage of the marital home when there is a foreclosure?

My ex-wife says she isn't legally responsible to pay her half of the debt because in our divorce decree it says I am responsible for any debt leftover after the sale of our house while she would have received any proceeds from a sale.

Since there was no marital home sale, who is responsible for what?

Jun 27, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I want to divorce my wife, but I recently co-signed with my parents to buy a house with my name on the deed.

Would my wife have a claim to this home through a marital property division?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website