This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> marital property
Sep 24, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I am giving my wife the marital home in our divorce, but I do not want to move out until the divorce is final or a judge orders me to do so, per the advice given in Joseph Cordell's book "The 10 Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When Facing Divorce."

However, I am finally debating leaving the home because my wife tries to incite me with her yelling and increasing violent tendencies.

Can I leave before the divorce is final? If I stay, what can I do if she becomes violent?

Sep 19, 2012

marital home mortgageBy Nancy Shannon

Cordell & Cordell Divorce Lawyer

If you are going through a divorce, do not pay expenses for your soon-to-be-ex-wife, such as marital home mortgage payments, and expect the court to give you credit for it later.

The following case study example is loosely based on the facts from a recently released Appellate Court decision in Nebraska.

Sep 18, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

My question deals with marital home mortgage responsibilities during a divorce.

My wife wants to move out of the marital home, which has a mortgage with both our names on it.

Since we are both named on the mortgage, is my wife still responsible for her half of the payment even if she moves out?

Sep 05, 2012

georgia divorce lawyerQuestion:

My wife owns a truck, though I am the primary user since the truck is essential to me making a living as a construction worker.

We are heading for a divorce, and my wife wants to sell the truck.

Can she do this even if it is in her name knowing that selling the truck will severely impact my employment?

Sep 02, 2012

divorce lawyer Daniel ExnerQuestion:

Say I set up an irrevocable trust in my child's name only, and buy real estate property, stocks, and bonds using income from my business to transfer into this trust.

During a divorce, would my spouse be able to claim 50% interest in this irrevocable trust?

What if I set up an irrevocable trust in my parents' names only, and also bought investment assets for this trust using business income? Would the spouse be able to claim interest in this irrevocable trust?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website