This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> loans
Sep 06, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

Due to a change of custody, my child support order was modified to a much lower amount.

It was granted and supposed to go in effect a month retroactively, but the child support agency is still garnishing my wages at the original amount before it was modified.

How can I get the modified child support enforced, and is there a way to recoup the overpayment of support for this month?

Aug 28, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I owned half of my house prior to marriage and the other half of the house was transferred to me as a gift after my marriage, so the house is fully paid off with no contributions from my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

No marital funds were used for anything involving the purchase of the house, though both my wife and I live there as our primary residence.

Is this house now considered a "marital home" subject to equitable distribution property division laws?

Aug 24, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

My original divorce attorney has seemingly vanished and has not responded to affidavits for the QDRO so now I am being charged with contempt.

How can I prove to the court that this contempt charge is not based on my own doing, but by my divorce lawyer's lack of communication and action?

Aug 24, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I was just served papers to appear in court due to alleged child support arrears. 

I have proof for the child support office that they payments they claim I missed were paid directly to my ex-wife before the wage garnishment was implemented.

Would all I have to do is establish proof to the child support enforcement agency that these payments were made? What type of evidence is needed?

Aug 21, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I have had temporary primary custody of my child as my ex-wife and I agreed to move him into my town in another state with a better school district.

My ex-wife intends to move to my town at which point we would return to our shared custody agreement. The problem is her move keeps being delayed so I stopped paying her child support since the child lives exclusively with me during this interim period.

Can my ex-wife ask the courts to force me to continue to pay child support even though she is the non-custodial parent at this point? If I file a request to modify child support and child custody to reflect our current situation, which state has jurisdiction?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website