This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> hygiene
Nov 29, 1999


I am the non-custodial parent of three daughters, ages 10, 12, and 13. They are consistently filthy in body and clothing, very foul-smelling, and their clothing is also ill-fitting and very shabby. Their mother is an RN in management and earns over 60K, plus, I pay her support which amounts to 1/3 of my net, and I gave her $100,000 of the equity in our joint house when it sold 2 years ago (if any of this matters). My daughters' poor hygiene is appalling and has dramatically impacted their lives. They are with me every other weekend and a few weeks in the summer, so it's hard for me to have much influence over them. Am I powerless? By the time I give her support PLUS buy them appropriate clothing (which disappears into her filthy house) there is no money left for a high-dollar attorney.


Allow me to preface my answer to your question with the disclaimer that I am not licensed to practice law in the state of Arkansas. If you are truly concerned about the children's condition, then you have a few choices. You can report her to child protective services for her failure to care for the children/neglect or you can file a motion to modify custody based upon her failure to care for the children.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website