This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> finances
Sep 06, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

Due to a change of custody, my child support order was modified to a much lower amount.

It was granted and supposed to go in effect a month retroactively, but the child support agency is still garnishing my wages at the original amount before it was modified.

How can I get the modified child support enforced, and is there a way to recoup the overpayment of support for this month?

Sep 02, 2012

divorce lawyer Daniel ExnerQuestion:

Say I set up an irrevocable trust in my child's name only, and buy real estate property, stocks, and bonds using income from my business to transfer into this trust.

During a divorce, would my spouse be able to claim 50% interest in this irrevocable trust?

What if I set up an irrevocable trust in my parents' names only, and also bought investment assets for this trust using business income? Would the spouse be able to claim interest in this irrevocable trust?

Aug 31, 2012

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife and I broke our apartment lease when we separated and owe several thousand dollars to the property manager that should be treated as a marital debt.

Our divorce decree did not address this debt, and now the collections company is coming after me to satisfy this obligation.

Is there anything I can do as far as getting my ex-wife to contribute a portion of this debt since her name was also on the lease? She has refused to pay anything thus far.

Aug 31, 2012

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I gifted real estate property to my parents during my marriage, and the title of the property is in my father's name.

Would my spouse be able to claim half of this gifted property during our divorce?

Aug 28, 2012

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I owned half of my house prior to marriage and the other half of the house was transferred to me as a gift after my marriage, so the house is fully paid off with no contributions from my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

No marital funds were used for anything involving the purchase of the house, though both my wife and I live there as our primary residence.

Is this house now considered a "marital home" subject to equitable distribution property division laws?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website