This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> daycare
Feb 13, 2013

georgia divorce lawyerQuestion:

I sometimes have to miss my scheduled visitation days because of my work schedule.

I have offered to exercise parenting time on alternative days when I am available, but my ex-wife refuses and wants me to pay for childcare on those days when I cannot make my parenting time.

Am I responsible for providing care for my children during my normal visitation time when I am unavailable due to work?

Jan 28, 2013

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

Am I required to give advance notification to my ex-wife and the daycare if I want to take my children out to lunch?

Our decree states I am to have reasonable and liberal visitation with notice to my ex-wife. She recently sent me a message that I inform her and the daycare ahead of time if I plan to take the kids out to lunch.

Is this really necessary?

Dec 31, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I am required to pay my ex-wife for work-related child care expenses when she works and my child would otherwise be left home alone.

I pay child care costs, even though my ex-wife allows my child to stay home alone most of the time. I am fine with him staying home alone for a few hours after school as he is old enough and responsible enough.

So shouldn't I be allowed to stop paying for child care costs as ordered by the divorce decree if my ex-wife is only sparingly using expensive child care?

Nov 21, 2012

Houston divorce lawyerQuestion:

This is a tax question related to the 2013 Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and claiming the child as a dependent.

I share joint custody with my ex-wife, but she will be claiming our son as a dependent for 2013 taxes. I am considering a Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care (daycare) and want to know if I can do this next year since she will be claiming our son as dependent on her taxes.

Will my ex-wife's child tax credit interfere with my use of a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account?

Oct 03, 2012

georgia divorce lawyerQuestion:

I am ordered to pay child support in addition to half of all child care costs, which can be interpreted in many different ways.

My children attend programs before and after school that provide care but are not technically called "daycare."

So am I responsible for those costs? How do child support laws define child care costs?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website