This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> custody
Dec 18, 2014

Last month, the National Parents Organization released its 2014 Shared Parenting Report Card. The report is the first national study to provide a comprehensive ranking of each state on their child custody statutes. 

The report revealed some startling statistics. Across the board, states tended to score poorly. 25 states received a D or worse and no states were given an A. 

Nov 19, 2014

Dena Morgan Utah divorce lawyerQuestion:

My wife and I have been separated for 18 months and have both recently spent time in rehab clinics. She recently moved out of state to live with her father and has admitted in court papers that she supports herself with his help. 

She wants to gain custody of our 5-year-old son, who is under my parents’ guardianship, but she hasn’t seen him since December 2013 and rarely calls because he doesn’t want to speak to her. 

She is also a registered sex offender. She is representing herself and my parents have a lawyer. What chance does she have of gaining custody?

Nov 17, 2014

Question:Illinois divorce attorney Christina Milien

My initial divorce, which included incorporation of joint custody, was filed in County A. My wife then later filed an alimony case in County B, where she was living shortly after the divorce was final. She failed to show up for court and the case was dismissed. She then moved again to County C and our child can no longer live one week on/off and custody needs to be changed since the child will be starting school next year.

Where does the case need to be filed?

Nov 06, 2014

out of state custodyQuestion:

What are the chances I could get joint custody of my kids when they live in one state and I live in another?

The kids did live here with me until their mom came and took them while my wife and I were at work.

The other question is do I have any rights at all to my kids and is it best if I sign myself up for child support? I have text messages that clearly state that she doesn’t want me to have the kids because she feels that I will file them on my taxes.

Is that fair to a parent that really just wants to have his kids in his life? What can I do in this matter?

Oct 24, 2014

DadsDivorce and MensDivorce as well as their sponsor, Cordell & Cordell, present a news video for the week of October 24, 2014.

This week, Cordell & Cordell Principal Partner Joe Cordell added a new article to his column with Financial Advisor Magazine on preparing financial advisors to testify as an expert witness.

DadsDivorce answered an Ask a Lawyer question regarding custody rights for a guy who's ex-fiance moved to another state, then informed him she was pregnant.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website