This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> custodial parent
Apr 18, 2014

Question:carrie westbrook attorney texas

My wife and I are divorcing after being married for 6 months. I believe she  has undiagnosed personality and psychological disorders. She's also 30 weeks pregnant. I would like to file for joint custody of the child. I probably won’t fight for full custody, as I know that the odds are stacked against me.

Right now, because I'm 63 years old, I'm also receiving Social Security Retirement benefits. I understand that once my son is born, he can receive these benefits under my name. 

Will the Social Security Retirement benefits eliminate or reduce the amount of child support I must pay if the judge does not grant me joint custody? Is there a way I can better prove joint custody is needed here?

Apr 17, 2014

kids parental alienationBy Julie Garrison

Divorce and wrangling over child custody concerns is never pleasant. But in high-conflict divorces, things can rapidly escalate out of control with very little provocation. 

While most divorcing parents manage to maintain their moral principles and overall composure during custody disputes, there are also those estranged spouses that can seem impossibly difficult. 

Aug 13, 2012

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I am trying to arrange a child custody and parenting time schedule with my ex-girlfriend, who recently moved and now lives several hours from me.

What are standard parenting time guidelines when the parents live a great distance from each other?

Jun 02, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife has primary physical custody, but I think a child custody modification is in order because of the presence of drugs in her home.

She was reported to Child Protective Services for having drugs in the home. An investigation found no drugs in the home, though she had shaved my children's heads I'm assuming because of the possibility of them being tested.

Even though the investigation found no drugs at the time, is there anything I can do to use this as a reason to modify custody and protect my children?

Apr 14, 2012

child support jurisdictionQuestion:

If a child support order that was established in the state we were divorced in was later vacated and the custodial parent now lives in another state, can the custodial parent file for child support in a new state of residence?

Since vacating the original child support order makes it null and void, does the original state lose jurisdiction over the child support order?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website