This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> custodial parent
Feb 07, 2010

Question: My ex wife and I have joint legal custody of our 8-year-old daughter, but she is the custodial parent. Last year my ex re-married someone who is in the Army. They just had their own child one month ago. 

When my ex was pregnant, she quit her job and soon after her new husband was laid off of work. He now wants to go to school through the reserves to become an Amy Reserve recruiter. They just told me a couple of weeks ago they would be moving out of state with my daughter when they find out where they would be going. She filed a petition in court even though they have no specific place they are moving just yet. 

What are the chances of her being allowed to move? Since her new husband is trying to better the quality of life for his new family, I am concerned the court may allow a move. Does my relationship with my daughter outweigh my ex's new husband from what he wants to do?

Feb 04, 2010

Question: It may seem like an obvious question, but if someone is awarded full custody of a child, does the other parent have any visitation rights?


Jan 31, 2010


After child support obligation ends and a final judgment has been made, do the arrearages become collectible by my child or does the custodial parent still retain collection?

Jan 23, 2010


Can it be stipulated that the custodial parent not move away from the non-custodial parent after the divorce?




Jan 16, 2010

Question: I am the primary custodian of my 13-year-old son. He wants to stay with me full time because his mother takes her anger out on him because she's mad at me. 

She also threatens him that her stepfather will spank him. Could I get full custody based on his age and the other issues she takes out on him?


Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website