This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> contempt of court
Jul 22, 2014

Question:diana bishara attorney new jersey

My divorce has been final for more than 120 days. In the divorce decree, there are certain requirements including one that says my ex and I must split medical costs.

My ex has not followed many of the decree's requirements. My lawyer and I went before the judge and asked if we could file a motion of contempt. The judge said no and has only given my ex lectures.

What can I do if the judge will not enforce the divorce decree?

Jul 11, 2014

DadsDivorce, sponsor Cordell & Cordell law firm and sister site have teamed up to present a series of news round-up videos at the end of each week.

In this week's news, Cordell & Cordell is getting ready for its Men's Divorce School events in Pennsylvania next week. DadsDivorce is hosting a book giveaway for author Honoree Corder's "If Divorce is a Game, These are the Rules." MensDivorce took a look at courtroom etiquette and how to properly present oneself before a judge.

Check out the weekly news video below.

May 08, 2014

Question:william halaz attorney st. louis

What happens if my spouse does not turn in the discovery that my lawyer sent her? 

She is already past her 30-day limit without submitting it. 

Is she now in contempt?

Aug 27, 2013

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Would my ex-wife have to pay my divorce attorney fees if I have to take her back to court for contempt and she was found guilty?

She agreed to pay me a distributive award for marital debts within 30 days from the date the divorce was finalized. The deadline has passed, she has not paid, and I cannot get in touch with her.

Also, I believe she is about to file bankruptcy. There is specific language in the agreement that the distributive award should not be included in any bankruptcy claims, but my fear is she is going to try.

What are my options? If I have to re-hire legal counsel, would she have to pay my legal fees since she is in contempt of the agreement?

Dec 07, 2012

Houston divorce lawyerQuestion:

I need instructions on how to enforce my divorce decree that concerns the clause discussing the car title.

I was awarded the vehicle, but the car title is in my name, my ex-wife's name, and my ex's mother's name. My ex-wife has signed the title, but my ex-mother-in-law is refusing to sign.

How can I enforce my decree that calls for my ex-wife's mother to sign the car title?

military, law enforcement and firefighter discounts with cordell & cordell

Featured Divorce Video

Judy Rabinor: Befriending Your Ex After a Divorce

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website