This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> college expenses
Aug 07, 2014

Cordell & Cordell attorney and assistant team leader Heather Biagi discusses important issues related to child support. Speaking with DadsDivorce online editor Katie Davis, Ms. Biagi responds to many common concerns regarding child support, talks about what child support can appropriately cover and addresses the issue of modification.

Subscribe to DadsDivorce on YouTube here.

May 23, 2014

Question:maura boogay attorney pennsylvania new jersey

My son is graduating and moving out of my ex's house soon. He plans on attending a community college in a different state.

I'd like to start paying child support directly to him, rather than to my ex.

What are my options for getting the support directly to him?

Sep 23, 2013

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is requesting my GI Bill education allotment be used to pay for our oldest child’s college education.

While I certainly want to contribute, I was planning on using the GI Bill to pay for my college and help our other children who will need college assistance as well.

Can my GI Bill education allotment be used for my children’s college expenses?

Aug 22, 2013

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My divorce decree states I am to provide "room and board for college no matter where the child resides."

Since my child resided at her mother’s house throughout college, my ex-wife is requesting payment even though our child has already graduated college.

Our child actually paid for a lot of her own living expenses while at home, and I periodically paid for car insurance, gas, etc., so I was contributing something, if not technically "room and board."

Can my ex-wife really request payment for room and board after our child has already graduated?

Jun 18, 2013

divorce lawyer Kirsten ReneauQuestion:

My ex-wife and I agreed that I would continue paying support while our child attends college even though our child is considered emancipated.

We are trying to negotiate a dollar amount. How can I determine a fair amount of post-emancipation support without my ex-wife asking for too much?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website