This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> college expenses
Dec 15, 2014

Single dads paying for collegeThe number of households headed by a single father has multiplied nine-fold since 1960, reaching 2.6 million in 2011, Pew Research Center reported in 2013. 

Only 17 percent of these single dads have at least a bachelor's degree, which means the income potential of the other 83 percent is limited; and the median adjusted annual income for all single dads averages $40,000, in contrast to $70,000 for married fathers.

The cost of higher education isn't cheap — annual tuition and required fees average $5,899 a year at public institutions, $28,569 at private nonprofit institutions and $13,766 at private for-profit institutions, according to the latest data from the National Center for Education Statistics. Fortunately, if you're a single dad looking for ways to finance college for yourself or your children, a few strategies can assist you. 


Dec 12, 2014

College supportAn important case is currently playing out in New Jersey that is raising questions as to whether a young adult is entitled to college support from his or her parents.

Curiously, as the law in New Jersey and many other states currently stands, married parents aren’t required to pay for any of their children’s college costs once they reach the age of majority. Divorced parents, or parents that never married, however, are. 


Aug 07, 2014

Cordell & Cordell attorney and assistant team leader Heather Biagi discusses important issues related to child support. Speaking with DadsDivorce online editor Katie Davis, Ms. Biagi responds to many common concerns regarding child support, talks about what child support can appropriately cover and addresses the issue of modification.

Subscribe to DadsDivorce on YouTube here.



May 23, 2014

Question:maura boogay attorney pennsylvania new jersey

My son is graduating and moving out of my ex's house soon. He plans on attending a community college in a different state.

I'd like to start paying child support directly to him, rather than to my ex.

What are my options for getting the support directly to him?


Sep 23, 2013

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is requesting my GI Bill education allotment be used to pay for our oldest child’s college education.

While I certainly want to contribute, I was planning on using the GI Bill to pay for my college and help our other children who will need college assistance as well.

Can my GI Bill education allotment be used for my children’s college expenses?


«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»
Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website
Contact DadsDivorce.com