This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> Child Support
Apr 11, 2013

divorce lawyer Maura BoogayQuestion:

I was ordered to pay child support at a time when my ex-wife was unemployed.

I believe she has a new job now, so how can I modify my child support payments as a result? I've heard sometimes fathers try to modify child support thinking it will be lowered, but instead it is increased.

Apr 09, 2013

divorce lawyer Kirsten ReneauQuestion:

My child support is garnished from my paychecks. My company recently went paperless and I haven't been able to view my pay stubs in my company's online system.

I just received a notice that I am in contempt for failure to pay child support, which should have been coming out of my paychecks so I was unaware of this.

Can I do anything to avoid going to jail and possibly modify the amount owed?

Apr 08, 2013

Houston divorce lawyerQuestion:

My wife and I are going through an amicable divorce with the children residing with me the majority of the time and an agreement in place that neither of us will pay child support to the other.

Even though we both are paying for things as they are needed and do not want child support from each other, my state will not even let us submit the divorce filing unless the child support section is filled out.

It was suggested we just go ahead and put me as the one paying child support, but I'm worried that if we do that there will be no turning back and the judge will order child support even though my wife doesn't want it and the kids live with me.

How can we submit divorce paperwork if neither party is wanting to pay child support?

Apr 07, 2013

georgia divorce lawyerQuestion:

Can child support be garnished from a joint bank account even if a person is contributing to the account who is not paying child support?

I'm asking because my girlfriend and I share a bank account, but I do not want the child support agency taking any of her money that she is contributing if I am the one who owes child support to my ex-wife.

Apr 04, 2013

divorce lawyer Jill MasseyQuestion:

My ex-wife keeps threatening to have my wages garnished for child support even though there was never a court order entered addressing child support.

Can she get a wage garnishment without a court order?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website