This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> arrearage
Jun 04, 2012

advice on divorceQuestion:

I owed back child support and have paid off the amount that was ordered by the court, including interest.

The child support enforcement agency is now telling me that there was a "glitch" in their system and that there is a zero balance but a $5,000 interest payment due now.

Do I have a leg to stand on or am I going to have to pay it because of their mistake?

Mar 27, 2012

tampa divorce lawyerQuestion:

My child support modification hearing was dismissed because I was late in filing the necessary documentation with the court.

I have proof that my child support arrears are paid off along with income statements showing my substantial decrease in earnings that should qualify for a child support modification.

How can I get my child support case re-heard since I believe the only reason for dismissing my motion to modify was because I missed the deadline?

Mar 20, 2012

tampa divorce lawyerQuestion:

In my divorce agreement, the judge ordered previous child arrears to be paid off monthly, which is garnished from my pay on top of my original child support payments.

However, my tax refund was intercepted from the Department of Treasury and issued to my ex-wife.

If there is a judge's order for me to pay off the arrears and payments are garnished, and thus not missed, can they still confiscate my tax refund?

Nov 09, 2011

child support collection practicesBy Jennifer M. Paine

Mens Divorce Attorney, Cordell & Cordell

Ever feel like you cannot get out of the cycle of child support collection? You may have fallen behind and just got caught up – and then, wham!

Suddenly, you receive a notice for a tax refund intercept, a notice for a hearing to explain why you have an arrearage, an income withholding order that can take away up to 65% of your pay, a passport revocation letter, a boot on your car, or a combination of these things.

For many guys, this a cycle that keeps on going, and going, and going, until their children are grown adults, living out of home and having children of their own.

Child support collection becomes the task of a state worker with one goal in mind – to have you paying the state in interest and penalties, for years and even decades after your child support obligation terminates.

But is this fair?

May 17, 2011

Mens divorce lawyerQuestion:

Do child support laws cover me if I paid an amount of support we agreed to, but now my wife is claiming I owe her back child support?

She moved out a year ago and I have diligently paid her even though we aren't even legally separated.

Now she is suing me for back child support. What are her chances of success?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website