This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> alimony
Jun 29, 2011

divorce lawyer Aisha PridgenAsk A Lawyer Question:

I chose to file for legal separation from my wife for various reasons. We have been separated for 2 weeks. In North Carolina a couple must be separated for one year before they can file for divorce. During the separation period will I need to pay alimony and/or do I have any financial responsibility to my wife?

Jun 28, 2011

finances divorceBy Scott C. Trout

Managing Partner, Cordell & Cordell

Often, divorce evokes the need to "win," "to settle the score" or even "to get more than my wife does."

One of the hardest things divorced dads face in this process is to think logically and economically when faced with any settlement proposal or reviewing his lawyer’s financial advice on divorce.

What does this mean? Well, let me give you two examples:

Jun 24, 2011

mens divorce lawyer William BackerQuestion:

Do child support laws consider my ex-wife's alimony payments as income?

She is receiving $1,000 a month, so can that income be used when determining child support and the percentage of above and beyond items, such as day care?

Jun 22, 2011

divorce lawyer Tamara HoffstatterQuestion:

I'm looking for financial advice on divorce on the chances my alimony payments will be decreased based on my remarriage.

Since I am going to be financially responsible for another wife and more children, can I get an alimony modification?

Jun 10, 2011

mens divorce lawyerQuestion:

I am looking for financial advice on divorce, specifically how to collect child support payments.

Per our divorce and child custody agreements, my ex-wife is expected to pay me child support once she finds a full-time job since I have primary physical custody.

The agreement states that if within a "reasonable amount of time" she did not find employment, her alimony would be used as income to determine how much child support she would have to pay.

What do the child support laws say about seeking these child support payments as I believe a reasonable amount of time has passed since it has been over one year?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website