This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> alimony
Sep 19, 2012

marital home mortgageBy Nancy Shannon

Cordell & Cordell Divorce Lawyer

If you are going through a divorce, do not pay expenses for your soon-to-be-ex-wife, such as marital home mortgage payments, and expect the court to give you credit for it later.

The following case study example is loosely based on the facts from a recently released Appellate Court decision in Nebraska.

Sep 18, 2012

Baltimore Maryland divorce lawyerQuestion:

I owe the IRS a large sum of money, and now my wife is requesting an amount of alimony that would leave me penniless.

Can I adjust this alimony request down and win in court if I can prove that my monthly IRS payments combined with alimony would make it nearly impossible for me to pay even the most basic of bills?

Sep 17, 2012

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Is it better to enter a divorce with debt in order to avoid having to pay alimony?

I am the sole income earner in my household, but I am not interested in paying spousal support.

So if I want to avoid paying alimony is it better to have debt showing that I am financially-strapped?

Aug 29, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

How long does a temporary order of alimony remain in effect?

The temporary order we have been following has been in place for well over a year while we await trial for our divorce.

Aug 27, 2012

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

During my divorce, the economy tanked and my assets in the business were severely diminished even though alimony was based on my income when my business was thriving..

After a few years of unemployment, I finally had to settle for a position that pays half of what I was making. I can no longer pay the original amount of alimony.

Is it possible to get the spousal support reduced or eliminated even if my divorce decree does not indicate what events would trigger an alimony modification?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website