This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> alimony
Jan 28, 2010

Among the Ask a Divorce Lawyer questions answered today by Cordell & Cordell attorneys:

  • Is it common to be told to end a new relationship when fighting for custody with my ex?
  • Do I have to pay alimony if she got pregnant with another man's baby while we were still married?
  • Can I recover over payments of child support?
  • Can I request W-2’s to prove her salary?
  • Is there something I can do to keep her from cutting off all contact?
  • Is there any way to force my ex to let my minor son fly on a plane by himself so I can see him more?
  • Can my ex's new husband adopt my son if I gave up parental rights?
  • I apparently owe 18 years of back child support though I was told the child wasn't mine. What can I do?
  • I was ordered to pay child support last year. Can I claim it for 2009 taxes?


Jan 27, 2010

Among the Ask a Divorce Lawyer questions answered today:

  • We've moved to separate states. How can I see my child more?
  • My wife has a bank account she hides from me. As her legal husband, do I have access to it?
  • My wife chooses to attend school full time and not get a job. Will she get alimony from me even though it's her choice not to work?
  • What steps do I take to get emergency custody?
  • Is my ex wife eligible for all of my retirement money
  • If I am claiming my 12-year-old son and my ex wife is claiming my 19-year-old daughter, can I also claim half of her college expenses for which I paid?
  • What rights do I have if my name is not on the birth certificate?
  • Since I have a seasonal job and our son is about to enter college, should I have to pay that amount?
  • Can a divorce be nullified?


Jan 26, 2010

Question: I have been divorced for a couple years and my ex is now living with another man. There are numerous indicators that they are married (both wear rings, they're renovating their home, they go on trips with my kids, I have proof of joint financial decisions, etc.) but she refuses to admit she is married so that she can continue to get me to pay maintenance.

How often is anyone successful at proving common law marriage these days?

Jan 26, 2010

Question: I paid $100,000 of alimony in a lump sum in 2006. The IRS is now claiming that it is not deductible. Can you provide direction?


Jan 24, 2010

Question: Our divorce was finalized about a year ago. I’m paying way more than I can afford in alimony. 

I’ve tried to work out a solution with my ex rather than going through the court process again, but she wants nothing to do with it, obviously. 

So can I challenge the terms of alimony even though I signed off on those terms about a year ago?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website