This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> age of child testifying in court
Jul 07, 2014

Question:kristy loyall attorney oklahoma

My ex and I originally raised our children to practice the same religion for 13 years.

In the last few months, she has left the home, rejected this religion, had an affair and more. Now, she and her boyfriend have adopted a new and somewhat radical religion.

I would like custody of our children and to continue raising them as we had planned. Can this radical shift of hers be factored into a custody dispute?

May 14, 2014

Question:caroline thompson attorney pennsylvania

How old must a child be in order to choose which parent he or she wants to live with?

If a child decides to live with the non-custodial parent, is there anything the custodial parent can do to stop that child from doing so?

Feb 10, 2011

By Andrea Johnson

Attorney, Cordell & Cordell

A very common question in custody cases is, when can my child decide which parent he/she wants to live with? 

According to some state's divorce laws, your child will never have the exclusive ability to make that determination until he/she has reached the age of majority or emancipates

In common practice, however, the courts will allow children who have reached typically the age of 14 to select the parent with whom they wish to reside. 

Jul 16, 2010 editor Matt Allen asks some of the most common divorce questions to Cordell & Cordell attorney Dan Cuneo. Questions include:

  • How old does a child have to be to decide where they want to live?
  • Can my ex move out of state with our kids?
  • How should I approach a case if I am handling it pro se?

Apr 09, 2010

false allegations of abuseYou’ve heard the horror stories. In a desperate effort to improve her case for custody and to smear you, your ex falsely accuses you of physical and/or emotional abuse toward her and the children. The accusations catch you totally off guard and after denying it, you’re afraid that it comes down to a he said/she said scenario.

Well, mere allegations of abuse are not enough to deprive a parent of physical or legal custody of the children, but you will need to rebut any allegations with rebuttal witnesses and documents and point out why these allegations are just not true, according to domestic relations attorney Jennifer Paine with the law firm Cordell & Cordell, P.C.

Family courts are governed by the standard that everything needs to be in the child’s best interests, Paine said. If you can prove the allegations from your ex are false, that could be extremely damaging to her custody case since she will look like an unreasonable mother bent on keeping you from your children at all costs, according to Paine.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website