This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> Robin Klein
Feb 03, 2012

Houston Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I was awarded certain personal property in my divorce decree that I elected not to take and to keep in the marital home because they were in the children's best interests to have them.

Several years later, my ex-wife is starting to throw away those items and I would like to enforce the court order.

My decree states nothing regarding time limitations so can I remove the personal property awarded to me from my prior residence?

Feb 02, 2012

Houston Divorce LawyerQuestion:

We share joint physical custody almost 50/50, but my ex is listed as the primary custodial parent simply because she works from home.

Because she is listed as the primary parent, I am obligated to pay child support yet the child support calculations did not account for her salary. Is this correct?

Also, if we are splitting parenting time why is it that I am obligated to pay child support simply because of a technicality that we had to list one parent as "primary"?

Feb 02, 2012

Houston Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My child support questions is regarding my new new job that will require me to miss periods of parenting time with my children over the coming year.

My ex-wife says that she can modify my child support to increase my child support since she will have more parenting time.

Am I required to pay any additional money if I do not see my kids on the weekend that I am scheduled?

Also, I would like to modify my divorce order so that we split transportation so that I do not have to both drop off and pick up the kids during every visitation. Is that possible?

Jan 24, 2012

Houston Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Do child support laws allow my to modify my child support payments if my child now lives with me full-time?

We recently won a child custody modification case where my daughter now resides with me permanently. However, I was told by my state's Attorney General office that I had to wait 6 months until they will review modifying my child support.

Will I have to continue paying my ex-wife child support for at least 6 more months even though our child lives exclusively with me?

Jan 16, 2012

Houston Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I am paying child support in addition to insurance reimbursement.

The child support amount is not the problem; it's the monthly insurance reimbursement, which accounts for roughly 20% of my monthly income!

Is there a limit to the amount of insurance reimbursement I am ordered to pay in addition to child support?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website