This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> Jennifer Paine
Jan 02, 2013

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My wife and I are divorcing, and she agrees I will have physical custody as our child's disability requires a stable environment and my ex will be moving out of state.

When she does come to visit our child, I do not want my child staying in a hotel with her overnight because of his health and condition, but I also don’t want to appear to the court as uncooperative.

Am I obligated to let her stay in my house, or will my child have his parenting time with her in a hotel?

Jan 20, 2012

advice on divorceQuestion:

I am looking for an alimony and child custody modification but am unsure which state has jurisdiction to proceed.

I currently live in another state from where our divorced was filed. My ex-wife and children continue to live in that state.

Could I get a change of venue so that the state I live in would have jurisdiction to handle my child custody and alimony modification procedures or do I have to go through the courts in the state where we got divorced?

Oct 24, 2011

Question:Kevin Mammola Atlanta Divorce Attorney

My divorce question is about unwed fathers rights and child custody laws.

My girlfriend took our child to another state and said she has no intentions of ever returning.

What are my rights as an unwed biological father to force my daughter be returned home?

Apr 29, 2011

mens divorce lawyer Janet Yu JohnstonQuestion:

My ex-wife has sole custody of our kids, but I would like to be able to see them.

She has moved around several states and I'm not even sure how to locate her or what state would govern our court orders.

What state should I proceed with child custody litigation?

Jun 05, 2005


I was a local non-custodial parent with the standard visitation schedule (every other weekend, alternate holidays, 4 weeks in the summer). I was transferred on my job to Florida recently, but am still being held to the standard visitation schedule. Practical constraints mean that I can therefore only see my child for four weeks in the summer. Is it typical in these situations to have visitation extended in the summer? Is there an out-of-state visitation schedule?


I have found that a common out of state custody schedule of Missouri court is one weekend per month set around a three day school holiday if possible, two weeks at Christmas, every spring break and six-eight weeks in the summer. If it is eight weeks they are sometimes split into two four week periods. The real issue is who pays for the transportation. If the children are old enough to fly alone or with a companion from the airline it is obviously much less expensive than having to fly each way with the children.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website