This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> DadsDivorce Live
Mar 26, 2014

addiction and divorceEvelyn Whitrow

Special to

Addiction is something that commonly leads to marital breakdown, whether it is drug and alcohol addiction or gambling. 

Once you realize that your partner’s addiction is out of control it may be too late to save the marriage and hiring a divorce lawyer may be the only way to protect yourself and your children from harm.

Mar 05, 2014

divorce alcholicBy Julie Garrison

Special to

If you suspect that your ex-wife has an alcohol or drug problem, she has probably been “flying under the radar” for quite some time.

Most people with substance abuse and addiction problems hide it until they have invested so much of themselves that they are no longer able to cover it up.

In the addiction rehab world, this phenomenon is called a “loss of control” where the alcoholic or addict begins leaving many signs of his or her problem.

Once you begin seeing that your ex is having a substance problem, there are five concrete steps you can take for the protection of your children.

Dec 06, 2013

drinking divorceBy Erik Carter

Cordell & Cordell Divorce Attorney

Many fathers will accuse mothers of excessive use of alcohol in the mistaken belief that a mother must prove that she doesn’t drink too much. 

In reality, every accusation must be supported by credible evidence. 

The person making the accusation has the burden of proof of showing that there is some credible evidence (the standard varies from state to state, so check with your local men’s divorce attorney concerning this) that the accusation has some merit. If you can carry your burden of proof, then she must respond to the accusation.

Jan 05, 2011

mens divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is an alcoholic and I believe she is abusing our children. There is no custody arrangement in order, but the children spend the majority of their time with her.

Since there is no custody agreement, can I move with the children out of state to protect them from their mother or should I get a Protection from Abuse Order against her?

Dec 29, 2009

Question: I have not been living with my wife for the last 6+ months. She is an alcoholic. I’ve told my kids not to get in the car with her if they suspect she’s been drinking at all. If she gets in an accident driving, what can I do to protect my kids from her?


Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website