This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Tags >> Clarissa Finnell
May 27, 2009


I am a substitute teacher. I do not get called for work everyday. I was paying $305 monthly child support as part of an order for protection.

On Jan. 6, 2009, my wife had the order extended. As part of the modification of the order, she asked that my child support amount be increased. The judge asked me what I made per week. Not thinking, I said $400 per week (as I have sometimes worked 4 days at $100 per day). I also have a second job that brings in $140 per week. The judge then upped my child support payment to $1000 per month.

He assumed I made $400 per week from substitute teaching week in and week out. He did not take into consideration the fact that I do not get work everyday, nor that there are many school holidays where there is no work.  Three months of summer will be here soon and there will be no work as well, and I do not continue to get paid when there are breaks.  Do you have any pointers for me?

May 20, 2009



My case is nearly complete. I have been wronged from the start and I have a lawyer that has charged me almost $15,000 with nothing in my favor to support it.

My ex wifes lawyer is now asking me to provide my yearly income and tax information. Is this normal? Do I have to supply this, my lawyer said I did. He has been wrong at my expense already and I am too close to being finished to switch laywers now, nor can I afford a new one.

I do not want to "willingly" provide my annual earnings/tax info, she has taken everything already.

May 13, 2009


We have my 401K and investment property with a little equity, but due to the economy we have very little cash.

Will the fees for attorneys come from the sale of assets and the 401K, or will I be responsible to come up with more money outside our assets?


Apr 01, 2009


I recently tried to pick my boys up from daycare for my standard visitation, like I always do. When I got there the daycare told me they were not releasing my children to me because my ex told the daycare not to.

Luckily I had my decree with me and immediately called the police, after 2.5 hours the police finally went inside the daycare and brought my children to me.

Can the daycare override my judge signed decree that states my visitation rights.

Mar 30, 2009


My ex and I have rotating custody (1 week on and 1 week off). My ex has a stepdaughter now who has been arrested numerous time, for beating up my ex and bringing a weapon to school. She also has been arrested for other things and expelled from various schools.

I am concerned for my child's safety as she has been witness to ALL of these incidents and is frightened. Can I get temporary custody of the child? What can I do? I am fearful for her safety.

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website