This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Tags >> Carrie Westbrook
Apr 18, 2014

Question:carrie westbrook attorney texas

My wife and I are divorcing after being married for 6 months. I believe she  has undiagnosed personality and psychological disorders. She's also 30 weeks pregnant. I would like to file for joint custody of the child. I probably won’t fight for full custody, as I know that the odds are stacked against me.

Right now, because I'm 63 years old, I'm also receiving Social Security Retirement benefits. I understand that once my son is born, he can receive these benefits under my name. 

Will the Social Security Retirement benefits eliminate or reduce the amount of child support I must pay if the judge does not grant me joint custody? Is there a way I can better prove joint custody is needed here?

Jul 13, 2011

Question:divorce lawyer Carrie Westbrook

What are the child support laws when it comes to being properly served? I have learned that my ex is trying to say I owe her child support and that she is taking me back to court for it.

However, I have not been served any paperwork. Her divorce lawyer thinks if he just mails me the motion then that is considered me being served, but shouldn't it come from the court?

What constitutes being properly served?

Jul 10, 2011

Question:divorce lawyer Carrie Westbrook

I am looking for financial advice on divorce regarding tax liabilities.

We divorced in late 2010, but filed taxes jointly for the final time that year. I had withdrawn money from my 401k to cover the legal costs of our divorce. In our divorce decree, she waived any right to my 401k money.

But because I withdrew money from my 401k, my ex-wife is claiming that increased our taxes and liabilities and she is now looking to get money from me for the tax consequences.

Can she come after me for more money after she willingly signed off on the tax return?

Jun 08, 2011

Question:divorce lawyer Carrie Westbrook

My children primarily live with my ex-wife and I pay her child support per our child custody agreements.

Her boyfriend has now moved in and they are a cohabitating couple with dual incomes.

Do child support laws allow for a modification of child support if her boyfriend is now living with her?

Jun 07, 2011

Question:divorce lawyer Carrie Westbrook

In our divorce and child custody agreement, I agreed to pay my wife alimony in the amount of 50% of my earnings for life.

Since the judgment was entered, I have lost my job so I want to modify the amount of alimony to reflect changes in my life situation, my income and my future inability to make these large payments

Even with only one child alimony payments were calculated for a very high monthly payment.

What are the chances of getting the stipulations of my divorce decree modified?

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website