This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

divorce lawyer Katie PetersenQuestion:

I just filed a motion to stop the child support arrears order because the full amount owed has been paid, though I do still have an order for my regular monthly child support payments.

However, my court date is not for another two months. Do I need to continue to pay the arrears amount until the hearing if the amount is paid off?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Georgia child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

Generally speaking, while any court order is in place, you must comply with the order. This means you need to continue paying the child support arrears.

When you have your hearing, the judge can enter the appropriate order so that you will not have overpaid the total due for child support. However, so long as the court has ordered payment, you must abide by the order.

Although two months seems like a long way off, it is good that you have already filed and begun the process of modification.

Read Related Articles:
Child Support Arrears

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with divorce lawyers for men in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Atlanta Divorce Lawyer Katherine Petersen, please contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website