This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

divorce lawyer Caroline ThompsonQuestion:

My ex-wife frequently talks bad about me to our children and attacks my girlfriend's character.

Do I have any right to defend myself from her slanderous words?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Pennsylvania divorce and child custody laws where I am licensed to practice.

The courts are typically willing to place language in a custody order which prevents the parents from speaking negatively about each other (and in some cases significant others of the parents) in the presence of the children.

The courts are very invested in promoting ongoing and positive relationships between the children and parents (and, again, in some cased the significant others of the parents). 

Therefore, it may be in your best interest to attempt to modify the custody order to include a provision such as this in the custody order.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with divorce lawyers for men in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Philadelphia Divorce Lawyer Caroline J. Thompson, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (2)Add Comment
Hardly Enforcable
written by DadWithAngryKid, April 23, 2013
I had that language put into my custody orders, both during the years my ex-wife had custody and in the years I've had custody. However, enforcement is a completely different matter. Not once, in the many times we've been to court and with the many motions I've filed, has the court put even the mildest punishment onto the ex-wife to try to make her stop the degradation of me our my family. I think it's because it's hard to prove and because the court hears so much fussing among the parties that they're calloused to it.

Even in a case like mine that's been going on for 10 years.
a concerned father
written by juan, May 01, 2013
I can echo the previous post....its a he said she said unless there is a recording then bazinga.... $500 sanctions. Thank you very much.

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website