This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex and I agreed to discuss and get permission from each other for activities one of us might not approve of.

I have been diligent with this because she is very anti-gun and violence, yet I just learned she took the kids to see a James Bond movie. I’m ok with that, but if the situation were reversed and I’m the one who took the kids without her permission she would have punished the children and given me an earful. There are other examples of inconsistencies as well.

My question is how to handle telling her that she is free to raise them as she sees fit, as am I, and that she cannot punish them if I have approved of an activity with me.

Should I have an attorney send her this in a letter or just tell her myself and let the chips fall where they may?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

I can certainly understand your frustration with the situation. Be sure that you’re documenting all of these occurrences in case you want to take formal action against her in the future for possibly being in contempt of court.

Also, keep in mind that many of the issues that you are bringing up are very subjective ones. What is so clearly “inappropriate” to you might not seem that way to your ex-spouse, in some instances.

Read Related Articles:
Co-Parenting Post-Divorce

The answer to which course of action you take now, communication through yourself or an attorney, is very dependent on the relationship between you and your ex-spouse. If you have a relationship of open and respectful communication, then by all means, attempt to discuss it with her yourself. 

However, if you have found communication with her in the past to be ineffective, then it is doubtful that this situation will be any different. It would likely be helpful to obtain the assistance of an attorney that could draft a letter that might make a greater impact on your ex-spouse.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Nancy Shannon, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website