This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers rights divorce.
Print PDF

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

A guardian ad litem was assigned in my divorce and child custody case to represent my child during a hearing.

However, I have yet to hear from the guardian ad litem that the judge assigned.

How can I move the custody case forward if the guardian ad litem is not staying involved?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska and Iowa divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

A Guardian Ad Litem is a court appointed attorney who is charged with reviewing the parties’ relationship with their minor child(ren) and making a child custody and parenting time recommendation to the court.

You should make an appointment with the guardian ad litem's office so you can meet with them in person. If this is not a possibility, ask your divorce attorney to contact them and determine what the issue may be.

In some cases it may just be travel or schedule issues. In others, the guardian ad litem may not know they are assigned to the case or they may be checking to see if there is a conflict.

Since the court has assigned a guardian ad litem, it is not likely you can proceed without the report from them and served upon the court.

Therefore, it will be necessary to meet with them to proceed with your child custody determination.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Jamie Kinkaid, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website