This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

My ex-wife refused a partial child support payment today because I could only afford half of the full monthly amount.

How can I document that she is not accepting child support even if it is not the full amount?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Minnesota divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

You could draft a letter indicating she is not accepting your partial payment and indicate when you will make the full payment. You could then make the full payment as soon as possible. 

A partial payment is just the same as making half of the mortgage payment so your ex wife could pursue any enforcement remedies for non-payment just as the mortgage company could foreclose on your house if they were not paid in full. 

It is in your interests to make the full payment as quickly as possible.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Minnesota Divorce Lawyer Andrew J. Laufers, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website