This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

Pittsburgh divorce lawyer Anna CiardiQuestion:

My child custody case is going terribly because I can't afford a good divorce lawyer and the cost of litigation has nearly bankrupt me.

Is it possible to file for a dismissal of the case until I have enough money to have a good lawyer and fight the case at a later date?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Pennsylvania divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

It should be possible for you to withdraw your custody complaint assuming you are the Plaintiff.

You may want to contact the Clerk of Courts for the county where your action is underway so they can let you know what paperwork is necessary for you to file in order to withdraw your petition. If you choose to do this, be sure to tell them what is already scheduled on this matter, as these will need to be canceled.

You will also have to serve any paperwork upon any other involved parties. Local rules can vary as far as what steps are necessary to withdraw a child custody petition.

Generally, custody orders are always modifiable, and you should be permitted to submit a new custody petition at a later date. 

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with divorce lawyers for men in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer Anna M. Ciardi, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website