This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

divorce lawyer Alex DurstQuestion:

My ex-wife had me arrested on domestic violence charges that proved to be false and she committed perjury regarding the matter when we were in court.

I know perjury charges are rarely successful, but her blatant lies are ruining my life.

What steps do I need to take and whom can I seek assistance from to have a perjury charge filed against her?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Ohio divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for unfounded complaints of domestic violence to be made, especially when one spouse requests a separation. 

For perjury charges against your wife to happen, you must speak with the prosecutor’s office in your jurisdiction. Your best bet would be figure out what prosecutor’s office (city, county, etc.) has jurisdiction, and contact them with an explanation of the situation. 

Try to gather as much evidence as you can, such as any recordings, transcripts, etc., from all hearings.

As you acknowledge, it may be challenging to have charges brought. Be sure to take any action quickly, as the statute of limitations will eventually run out.

Read Related Article:
Depositions and Lies

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Ohio Divorce Lawyer Alexander J. Durst, contact Cordell & Cordell.

Comments (1)Add Comment
written by juan, March 27, 2013
The short answer is not much will happen to your ex.

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website