This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF

Jason BowmanQuestion: My child support case is in Oklahoma, I live in Texas. 

I recently received a letter about suspending my license for failure to pay child support, even though it is being garnished from my paycheck. 

Can one state suspend or revoke my license if it is a license from another state?



Answer: Although I do not practice in Texas, Cordell & Cordell has attorneys who are licensed and located in Texas who would be happy to discuss your case with you. You case is a little different because it would involve two jurisdictions (Oklahoma and Texas). 

Oklahoma does not have the authority to suspend your Texas drivers licenses, but that does not mean that they can’t request that Texas help in the collection of a past due child support obligation. 

It is also important to note, that some states have the ability to suspend more than your drivers license. Some states can suspend professional licenses, hunting and fishing licenses and other types of license that are issued by a state.


Jason Bowman is an Associate Attorney in the Louisville, Kentucky office of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. Mr. Bowman is licensed in the states of Kentucky and Texas. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Louisville, and received his Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University.

Mr. Bowman practiced Domestic Relations for four years with a Louisville firm, and practiced general law for one year. He is an adjunct professor with Indiana Wesleyan University where he teaches business law.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website