This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF


Is there still a residency requirement to obtain an annulment? The other parent has abandoned us and we have not heard from him since June.


I cannot answer your question specifically to the laws of Michigan as I am not licensed to practice law in that State. In general, the residency requirements are under six months, but I do not know about Michigan. If you call your local courthouse and request to speak to a clerk regarding a residency requirement, they may be able to inform you. If not, you can contact an attorney. Annulments usually require that the marriage be demonstrated as being invalid or entered in as a result of fraud. Abandonment may not be valid grounds in your state and you may need to proceed with a divorce instead. Another problem will be that an annulment or a divorce will require notice. You will need to determine if publication if possible, since you may not be able have him personally served. Good luck.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website