This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF


I recieved money from an accident when I was 8 years old. The money is in a trust fund. I recieve money from this fund monthly and then large chunks every five years. Will my spouse be entitled to any of this money in our divorse settlement?


Allow me to preface my answer to your question with the disclaimer that I am not licensed to practice law in the state of California. Generally income producing trust like this should be preserved as separate property. As long as you have never changed the ownership of the trust fund, it should be preserved. However the income you receive from it may be relevant in determining child support and alimony.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website