This is an advertisement.

Divorce Advice for Men | Fathers' Rights Divorce | Child Custody

Providing men with essential divorce advice, fathers' rights divorce information and child custody articles. Dads Divorce is a community for men facing divorce or fathers' rights issues and run by Cordell and Cordell. Cordell & Cordell is a family law firm with a focus on men's divorce, child custody and fathers' rights divorce.
Print PDF


I gave my ex-wife custody of one of our two children in an uncontested divorce. She has our five year old and I have our twelve year old. My five year old stays with me every night along with my twelve year old which I have custody of. I feel like my ex-wife does not have a safe environment for either of our children, and I want to get custody of my five year old also. Do i have a chance and how do I go about it?


Any modification of custody is going to be based upon the specific and detailed facts of the case. There is not enough information and facts provided in your question to assess the chance of success. Generally the standard to modify custody is difficult. The fact that you have custody of one sibling is a positive factor. If you can show that the child is truly unsafe at mother's residence you would have a good change of custody. You should retain an attorney and explore filing a Motion to Modify custody.

Comments (0)Add Comment

Write comment
smaller | bigger

Divorce, Child Support, Alimony Information.
Men's Rights Website